It is now a month ago we planted our vines in the backyard and they are really happy on our south slope. They grow very fast and we decided now to remove the mini greenhouse we had put around them. To our surprise there were not only one but often several shoots coming up.
So we needed to decide which shoot is the best one and remove the other shoots down to one leaf, so the plant still gets the energy from the sun to help growing.
After cutting the shoots, we tied the plants up to an iron stick, so the stem can grow straight, which is the most important goal of the growth season the first year.
This is how they look now:
And our whole ‘vineyard’: